Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 12-27-09)

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 12-27-09)

Post by Drouge »

Code: Select all

This is officially a Sticky and should be read to check if your question could be solved. I will update anything needed, and the other moderators, will likely add something if we find something else constantly asked.  [u]This is only temporary until we put all the information on the main site.[/u]-Crazo3077
Dorkinshauf! (Hello in foreigneese)
I've noticed a LOT of the same questions being repeated for general chao raising, and some more complicated ones. I will have several posts dedicated to naming and answering as many questions as I can.
So, let's just get to it.

Also, Thanks, guys. It's now a sticky, unlocked (because editing it was WAAAAAAYYYYYY to hard) and if you see something asked a lot, you can request it now!

Please read the main website first. That's what CI is here for. http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/

If you want to find a question quickly, Press Ctrl+F (Apple+F for Mac users) and type in a keyword for the question you would like to ask.

General Stat Questions

How do I raise my chao's stat's quicker?
Some people have said that raising your chaos stamina makes your chaos other stats go up quicker. I say get an animal that raises the stat A LOT, get 10 of them, and then do the Stat Glitch

How do I raise intelligence/luck?
To raise intelligence give your chao BLUE backgrounded animals. The Raccoon, Sheep, and skunk are these animals.ImageImageImage
To raise luck give them ORANGE Backgrounded animals. These are the Dragon, Unicorn and Phoenix.ImageImageImage
There is no way to see your chaos stats in these areas. These are only tested in the races in how fast your chao opens the jack-in the box , how often they fall in holes, how accurate they are in the shapes puzzle and if that black thing is in the box.

What do the grades mean?
The grades in the chaos report card in kindergarten mean how good the stat is with S being the highest and (as far as I know) E being the lowest. These grades are influenced by the parents and how their first evolution went. Inbreeding is a great way to make an all SSSSS chao.

Appearance Questions

How can my chao wear a hat?
Give it a few skeleton dogs. (SA2 and SA2:B)
Give it koalas. (SA1 and SADX)

How do I remove animal parts?
Give it a few skeleton dogs until the desired part is removed

How do I remove Animal Parts on SA1?
With the PC the way to getting animal-free Chao is the Editor program, but on the Dreamcast and Gamecube give it Koalas. They still give animal parts, but only 2 and they remove the others.

My chao has no legs! HELP!
You most likely gave it a bat. Give it skeleton dogs. If that doesn't work it evolved as a dark chao without its legs. They tend to keep the no-legs look when they evolve with none. Just wait until it reincarnates.

My Chaos hat won't come off. How can I get it off?
Try selling some hats/objects in the garden. If there are no objects in the garden sell some in other gardens.
If the chao reincarnated with the hat on you most likely have to give it another skeleton dog to get it off

How do I make a two-toned chao?
Breed any two tone with a monotone. These :chao: count as two-tone in this respect.

How do I make a monotone Chao?
Buy it from the Black Market or breed it with Any Chao except 2 normals.

How do I make Transparent chao?
Any shiny of these colors: Shiny Yellow, Shiny Grey, or Shiny Lime Green and a jewel chao must mate. Gold and Silver chao Count as Jewel Chao.

How do I make translucent chao?
Mate any shiny EXCEPT these colors: Shiny Yellow, Shiny Grey, or Shiny Lime Green with any jewel chao and you get one that you can see through but it still has color. Sort of like a bottle made out of green glass.

How do I get Jewel Chao?
You need A Game boy Advance, A GBA/GC Link cable and Sonic Advance's 1 or 2 (For all but Gold and Silver)
Buy a jewel chao in the tiny chao garden. Transfer the EGG over to the GC (this is so that the levels don't start at 1 with no stat points)

How do I get Gold and Silver Chao?
Gold
In SADX there is a gold egg keeping a shop open. When you lift it the bars close so you can't leave! To solve this go to the area where you fought Chaos 0 as Sonic and find a Chao-egg shaped stone. Replace the gold egg with it and you have a gold chao!
Silver
When you jump up the platforms in the Mystic Ruins where you fought Chaos 4 a platform behind the waterfall falls off into the water below. once it hits shore, you can place it in the garden.

How can I make a blitz chao?
Breed a white or shiny white chao with a normal chao. If it comes out two-toned white, you have done it correctly.

How do I tell a chaos gender?
Chao have no gender. Whatever you name them is their unofficial gender.

My chao's (Stat) was the lowest of all it's stats, and yet it evolved into a (Previous Stat) chao! What happened!?
No matter how high your chao is in a stat, the stat given to it last has a greater influence over it's evolution.
For instance, swim is the lowest, but Power is the highest. Power is 50, swim is 12. If you gave the chao Swim second, it has a higher chance of evolving into a swim chao.
Chaos Chao Questions

NOTE: Most of these questions are addressed on the actual site. I shall link to it and address any questions not already on there.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/chaos.php

How Long Does It Take to Make a Chaos Chao?
Well, One chao year is roughly 3-5 hours long.
Chao live for 5 years so one chao life can last from 15-25 hours
2 whole lives times one life is 30-50 hours
Plus one year for the chao to evolve is 33-55 hours.
Keep in mind that you actually have to RAISE it so that it likes you so that it can reincarnate.
Also keep in mind this time is only spent in the Chao Garden and does not include time collecting animals.

Can I reincarnate my chao more than twice before it becomes a Chaos Chao?
Yes. Minimum of two, maximum, of unlimited.

If My Chao is a (Insert alignment here) but is a (insert different alignment here) in it's next life, can it still become a (insert final alignment here) chaos chao?
Yes, it can still become any kind of Chaos Chao. Previous lives do not effect the one it is currently in, aside from stats. I should know, my Neutral Chaos Chao was Dark, then Hero, now Neutral.

Black Market Questions

I have X amount of Emblems but the Black Market won't sell me this egg!
With every file there are some eggs that are more rare than others. Like with me. I have almost every Shiny egg but I have never seen a Green egg. This Page Shows you all the eggs and as far as I know the average rarity.

What are the mushrooms for?
The mushrooms raise stamina twice as fast as a normal nut from the gardens. (every size shrink the stamina goes up two sections)

How do I do the "Ring Glitch"?
First, you choose an item (any item, can be a fruit, hat, seed, eggshell) and put it in a garden and save the game.
Then, pick up the item and go to the Black Market.
Sell the item but do not press any buttons after you hear the "Ka-ching!"
Press and hold X, B, And start.
When you go back in, you will have the rings, and the item, allowing you to do this many times (I recommend practicing on nuts from the trees)

Misc Questions
My chao dies every time I go into the garden. How can I get this to stop?
To get your chao to stop dying find it EXTREMELY quickly and pet it ferociously! Once it gets happy enough go to the Black Market and buy a lot of strong fruit. Feed them to it and pet some more. Repeat until the chao reincarnates.

Can I get an Omochao in the Garden?
Unfortunately (or is it fortunate? :thinking: ) No you cannot. Although you can race against Omochao (SA2) and you can Hack one using the Action Replay (Older versions that let you enter codes) but legitimately, no you can't.
In the Dreamcast version of SA2 Omochao would welcome you to chao world upon entering the Lobby.

How man times can a chao reincarnate?
Unlimited. There is a minimum for Chaos Chao (2) but there is no limit on a chao's reincarnation.

Code: Select all

This is officially a Sticky and should be read to check if your question could be solved. I will update anything needed, and the other moderators, will likely add something if we find something else constantly asked.  [u]This is only temporary until we put all the information on the main site.[/u]-Crazo3077
Last edited by Drouge on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

I just thought I would double post real quick to let everyone know that this sticky is now unlocked (see first post as to why)
You may now submit questions to add to the FAQ and how often you think they are asked.
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by EliOceans »

cool. somehow, i never saw this. nice info
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

I think it's because nobody ever posted before it became a sticky and when it was stickyfied Crazo locked it. IDK why but he did.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I unlocked it so Drouge could do updates. I originally locked it so you wouldn't get flooded with questions.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

Wait, wasn't it Fusion who unlocked it? You know, this time?
Topgun
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Topgun »

Thanks, I've used this many times.
University of Mississippi B.S.M.E 2018
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

Now that I can edit posts with Mod tags, I made it so that the quotes are Mod tags once again.
Just so that they stand out in the hero type, the quotes were really hard to read.
RS Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by RS Chao »

Dorkinshnauf to you too. (I luff that show XD)

I found this FAQ very useful. Thankz for posting! :darkhappy:
Filipe N
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Filipe N »

Thanks for the help guys!
(Mod fights! Awesome! XD) :chaohappy:
KevinBushy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 3-12-09)

Post by KevinBushy »

ok.
real quick.
where is my animal location thing i made for this site a kajillionbajillionmajillion years ago drouge >:U?
you guys said it'd be on the site soon >:?
anywayz.
it needs to be there :/
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

This kevinbushy?
VIEWING MY PROFILE, ARE YOU?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I want to correct you, Drouge.

Transparent Chao are Invisible. You get those by breeding a Jewel Chao with a Shiny Yellow, Shiny Grey, or Shiny Lime Green. What you want to say is Translucent Chao. Those are the ones that are often called Ghost, Glass, Fog, and many other nicknames.

Also, on SADX there is no Skeleton Dog, so you have to use a Koala to get a Chao to put on headgear.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

OK I'll fix it.
Topgun
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Topgun »

Drouge87 wrote:How do I do the Stat Glitch?
First you make sure your chao is stationary. Do this by feeding it fruit or just waiting 'till it sits down. Then you pick up the animal you wish to give. Position yourself close to the chao but just before you would drop the animal to him. Press B and put down the animal. If you did this right you will see the chao do the animations and make the nosies that indicate giving an animal but you will still be able to pick it up. Repeat.
Instead of "waiting" for it to be stationary, just pet it. It's much quicker.
University of Mississippi B.S.M.E 2018
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

Whenever I pet it, it always seems to move, that's why I feed it.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 5-12-09)

Post by Drouge »

New Question (not really asked a lot, but I figured it couldn't hurt to add it)
I wrote:Can I get an Omochao in the Garden?
Unfortunately (or is it fortunate? :thinking: ) No you cannot. Although you can race against Omochao (SA2) and you can Hack one using the Action Replay (Older versions that let you enter codes) but legitimately, no you can't.
In the Dreamcast version of SA2 Omochao would welcome you to chao world upon entering the Lobby.
Rosetiger
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Location: You'll find me mostly in the chao forums, but I tend to migrate south when noone is replying...

Post by Rosetiger »

Hey, I've been around this forum for a bit (although my post count doesnt say it) and I'm stil yet to see any stickies or anything that give a definitive answer on MTN chao. So, I'd like to request that somewhere in this FAQ you include how to aquire one, if its not too much trouble of course =]
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

OK, GUys, if you need help, read the FAQ, Main site, or post a topic. You don't post your questions in here.
Sora the Hedgehog
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sora the Hedgehog »

I think (although its not asked much) that the "What the Heck! My Chao Evo'd Swim when swim is 100 and run is 1000!!!" question should be added.
BTW For future reference, if you give run first, then swim, it would, if given in a good amount, evolve into (in this particular case, swim) whatever was given last.
-Sora the Hedgehog
Sora the Hegdehog here!
Come, join my RPs : Sonic Chao RP : Revenge of Chaos, BattleSuit RP, and the Wonderful World RP by Nazo_ice!
Also, come check out the Geek Club and the SRB2 Club!
If you can't tell, I like to link to stuff I'm a member at. :chaohappy:
Cred to Blade for my avi. :D
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

New Question added.
Drouge87 wrote:My chao's swim was the lowest of all it's stats, and yet it evolved into a swim chao! What happened!?
When you raise your chao enough for it to swim, it has a 75% chance of becoming a swim chao. Don't teach it to swim until it evolves. Don't worry, if it goes into the pool without you placing it there, it won't dislike that character.
Marnex
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Marnex »

Thank you for making this, Droudge. Except that new members still don't bother to read it.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 7-12-09)

Post by Drouge »

That's why I point them here then lock the topic.
Sora the Hedgehog
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sora the Hedgehog »

While looking a how to get a silver or a gold, you didn't mention black!
To get a black chao egg =

1. Go to the Egg Carrier

2. If you know where it is, go to where Amy was jailed and open the cell and grab egg. (If not, go play with Amy!)

3. Come out and go to the elevator and then go forward a bit more

4. There will be a few buttons on the ground. Step on them in order to spell "eggman".

5. The door will open and there will be teleport. Step on and wait to get to Garden.

-Sora the Hedgehog
Sora the Hegdehog here!
Come, join my RPs : Sonic Chao RP : Revenge of Chaos, BattleSuit RP, and the Wonderful World RP by Nazo_ice!
Also, come check out the Geek Club and the SRB2 Club!
If you can't tell, I like to link to stuff I'm a member at. :chaohappy:
Cred to Blade for my avi. :D
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

That's because it's not a jewel chao. I was explaining how to get the Jewel chao.