Breeding.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Pinkpuff
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Breeding.

Post by Pinkpuff »

ok, i'm confused on all the possibilities when you breed 2 chaos!
Could someone make a chart for me or something? <3 thanks.

Ex: Normal + Normal = 100% Normal Chao
etc.

ty again~
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Breeding.

Post by Crazo3077 »

Already got what you're looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15045

This one is even more specific:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25159
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Pinkpuff
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Pinkpuff »

thanks. ;D
Pinkpuff
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Pinkpuff »

one more thing!
on a chao website it says 'If you mate 2 monotone chao, there is a 50% chance of a monotone chao (a color from one monotone parent) and there is a 50% chance of a monotone chao that is a different color than both parents.'

is the 50% random of any color true? So I could breed a monotone white and monotone yellow and get a black monotone chao?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

It is completely false. You cannot create a new color. You need to obtain it properly.
Pinkpuff
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Pinkpuff »

sorry, HOPEFULLY THE LAST THING. D;
I read in a youtube video that chaos genetics not only come from their parents, but also from somewhere in the family line. Is this true? ;o

thanks again!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Aye, 'tis true. Chao, like other biological things, carry genes that are not displayed. Example of Real life: Two brown eyed people can have a blue eyed child (my parents did.) Example in Chao: I had a family tree of chao as follows:

two-tone purple----monotone white
|
mono-tone purple-----mono-tone purple
|
mono-tone white

As seen in my tree, two mono-tone purple chao had a white baby. Why? Because one of the purple parents had a white parent, or the white baby had a white "grandparent." This get even more complicated when a gene, unseen for several generations emerges unexpectedly.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

A Chao can maintain genes from ancestors but only up to a certain point. It is unlikely a Chao will hold genes from their Great Grandparents if they didn't a parent with the same genes closer on the line.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Crazo3077 wrote:A Chao can maintain genes from ancestors but only up to a certain point. It is unlikely a Chao will hold genes from their Great Grandparents if they didn't a parent with the same genes closer on the line.
I was curious about that. Can a gene become so diluted that the game acts as if they no longer exist? And if so, what point? 1/16, 1/32?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

The gene isn't so much diluted as much as less likely to have been maintained.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Interesting.... Does that mean that a chao has a limitation to the amount of color 'DNA' that it can inherit? As in, having one color as its appearance, but having only one or two (or more) other color parts to its 'DNA'?... If that made any sense... And sorry for the barrage of questions.
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

Crazo3077 wrote:The gene isn't so much diluted as much as less likely to have been maintained.
Right. As I understand it, for each trait, every chao has their own expressed gene as well as an unexpressed, inherited gene. The value of that unexpressed gene is assigned in the same way as the expressed gene - that is to say, it is chosen from the expressed or unexpressed genes of either parent. It is possible for an unexpressed gene to repeatedly be selected and stored as the unexpressed gene for any number of generations, but it becomes statistically less likely with more generations, as each generation presents a chance for a different gene to be selected instead.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Interesting. So you are saying that Chao can, at maximum, carry only two different colors (and tones, if I understood you correctly) within their DNA. And therefore, a chao color can occur after x amount of generations, just statistics would say not likely. Assuming I understood.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Each Chao has two slots for DNA with anything that is genetic. Color, Tone, Jewel Coat, and Shininess each have these. One of these two results in the DNA is chosen as the visible result. Basically it is just like meiosis but much more clear as to what will come up.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Thank you, Crazo! That is very interesting, however, I am also curious as to how you figured that out. Did that discovery arise from great amouts of chao breeding, or did it come from hackery?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

I found a guy who did some hacking and the information fit well with how it would make the most sense. Fusion has confirmed it.