Gold Chao Egg Despawned!

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Gold Chao Egg Despawned!

Post by UltimaNumber »

While I was Let's Playing Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, on Part 26, the game acted as if I already had done the Gold Chao Egg Event!

So, to spoil it, here's what I did:

In Big the Cat's story, I decided to show off Big's 7th Powerup, was it a Myth or Legend? This 7th powerup is in the sewers where only Sonic's Light Speed Shoes are. You can't get up there normally, but with Diagonal Boost (Thanks to how the game and NullDC works), you can get up there. However, this powerup is indeed a myth, because if you pick it up, the powerup at the place where you get Tails' Jet Anklets disappears. Likewise, if you pick THAT up, the one I said earlier disappears. Anyway! I advanced as normal, picking up every powerup along the way, in the jungle, I got the Power Rod, then the lure, savewarped back to SS, don't know if that mattered. When I came to City Hall, I noticed the Stone Egg was already placed in the Antique Shop! Thus the Gold Egg Despawned! I tested the event to see if it would happen again since I had a backup save, but that time I got the lure, then the rod. The Egg remained intact.

Why did it despawned? What in the games code checks if the event was done? Did the order and the fact that I got the glitched lure matter? Or was it just NullDC randomly deciding to change a random byte? I want to know if this would happen on the real Dreamcast as well, just do what I did. For all I know, it could also be the Score I got in the action stages, just happened to get the numbers needed to mess with the Gold Chao Egg...

This could've been the birth of finding the lost Chao, it started with the Gold one here!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: Gold Chao Egg Despawned!

Post by azureprism »

That reminds me about what happened with my SA1DC save. I'd gotten the silver and black eggs into the gardens, but for some reason they had respawned back in their old spots when I returned to the adventure fields with different characters - I grabbed the new black egg but left the new silver one untouched. The gold egg in Station Square hasn't been replaced with another - the stone from outside the town hall is still on the pedestal as usual.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I don't know how it works exactly in the Dreamcast version, but in SADX, you can easily get an endless supply of the Gold, Silver, and Black Eggs by getting them in different save files, even if they're on the same memory card. If the game glitches and one of them despawns, you could just start another save and get it in said save, and you can have it in the Garden to play in any save file on that same memory card. As for characters and power-ups, I'm not sure if the character you're playing as matters (unless you don't have certain Gardens unlocked for certain characters, that may or may not be a factor), but I'm pretty sure that the power-ups have nothing to do with the Eggs.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

I forgot to ever mention it here, but not too long after this event, now the Silver Egg despawns. It was visible in my video, then the next time I looked at it, it despawns, and going into an area and back doesn't fix this. It's just gone. I believe it was Part 30, I wanna say. I know it's titled "This Game is F---ing With Me"

My YouTube stuffs
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

Post by a chao »

hey, don't worry! just make another file-- at least on remakes! But dreamcast.... I don't know! :cry:
chao are cool as heck :cool:
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

Post by a chao »

Try a new file. It spawns back-- hopefully..
chao are cool as heck :cool:
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

It has to be NullDC. There's no way this could happen on a Physical Dreamcast. As I've learned recently, NullDC is to blame for horrid collision and other minor glitches. Don't worry, I still somehow have the Gold and Silver Eggs ready to go. I have backup. I don't think I'm going to resume my LP on NullDC. I'll showcase why NullDC sucks now, but I'm not continuing using it

My YouTube stuffs